I’ve been in hibernation for a few months now. Once the sun comes out and the temperature goes up, I hide (i.e. Heat = bad). Just no.
But, as I’m counting down the days of summer and looking in the mirror at my bat cave-like complexion (and realizing that I’m probably the only person in the world who cheers and jumps in the pool on a cloudy day), I’m kind of thinking it’s time to come out of my hole and do the summer thing. So here’s my list of things I still want to do before I start celebrating the coming of Fall…which may be too late, as I was just out shopping for cute, little sweater outfits to sip my coffee in!
- Spend all day by the pool…in the sun! I’m talking a sunscreen wearing, in the water, big hat, lazy pool day!
- Hit up the farmer’s markets in the a.m. hours. I’m really bad at mornings, so I’m always one of the last customers of the day with little to pick through :/ That whole waking up thing is rough, though!
- Make watermelon cocktails to sip on the porch while watching fire flies.
- Finally take our fancy grill out and cook up a killer spread with some friends!
- Go out to a farm and pick fruit. I’m thinking strawberries and peaches!!
- Have sunset cocktails on a rooftop bar.
- Go to an outdoor concert.
- Pack a picnic and head to the mountains to look at the stars.
- Go wine tasting at one of our beautiful vineyards.
- Head to the coast for a day. I don’t need to be on the beach all day. I just want to breathe the salty air and chow down on a ton of seafood! Maybe Charleston 😀
What’s on your summer to-do list? Any suggestions?